Telecommunications have kept us connected, enabled innovation, and bridged relationships across the world during the pandemic when physical travel and proximity have been highly restricted and disincentivized. As a managed service provider for the critical IT infrastructure that supports society, our business differentiates itself within the industry in several ways:
- We specialize in systems integrations with Microwave Radio and Fiber backhaul networks.
- Technologies are converging. We provide the in-house experience, engineering and implementation for seamless failover between Microwave Radio networks and MPLS fiber backhaul. This increases your organization’s ability to keep systems up during any disaster, and provides redundancy to ensure communications never fail in an emergency.
- We are the only on-island managed service provider for mission critical networks for Maui County and the County of Hawai‘i.
- This allows 24/7 monitoring, alerts, dispatch, and mitigation of network issues for IT departments that do not have round-the-clock staffing.
- Our team becomes an extension of your support system.
- We recently replaced the radio system for Maui County with a state-of-the-art new system.
- We are in the process of replacing the microwave radio system for County of Hawai‘i. Additionally, we are transforming the fiber backhaul for the County of Hawai‘i with optical networking technology that increases bandwidth from 1G to 100 G. This will provide the capacity to accommodate the multitude of devices for teleconferencing and digital transformation to mitigate COVID-19 as well as prepping the infrastructure for IOT.
- With a local on-island presence in 3 Counties throughout the State, we are ready to deploy for any emergency.
- In 2018 we assisted the DoT in deploying remote video cameras to survey seismic activities, fissures in highways, and plumes of dangerous gasses during the Kilauea eruption. Our technicians were prepared and ready to deploy critical infrastructure in a Hazardous environment.
- We were pleased to have assisted the State in providing services to protect the public from a potentially dangerous situation.
- We also hold contractor’s licenses and an engineering license in the State of Hawai‘i to provide tower design, construction, and modification to support your communications equipment.
- Click here for more details: https://www.banyannetworks.com/telecommunications-site-visit-for-tower-inspections-remediation/.
The photos show cracks on Highway 130 from earthquakes during the 2018 Kilauea Eruption on Hawai‘i Island. They were taken from a Blackhawk helicopter during a routine surveillance flight. Since then the highways (both Hwy 130 to Kalapana and Hwy 11 thru Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park) have been repaired by DoT.